Due to the ExecutiveOrder 65 we are asking that everyone wear their mask while in the building. Deposable mask are available at the entrances of the sanctuary.
- No one with a fever or symptoms of COVID—19, or known exposure to a COVID—19 case in the prior 14 days, is permitted in the building.
- Individuals attending must be seated at least six feet apart at all times and must practice physical distancing at all times.
- Please no physical contact during this re-opening phase!
- We are not being anti-social. We are taking these precautions for the consideration of your health and safety. We want to protect YOU!
- Communion will be placed in the cup holders in your pew (no one will be passing the trays).
- You will be able to place your offering at the main auditorium doors as you exit.
- The balcony area is closed.
- All children ministry activities will be postponed until further notice. All children will remain with their parents during our gatherings.
- INTERIOR DOORS ARE TO REMAIN OPEN. DO NOT CLOSE!
Please throw your communion cups in the trash before you leave. There are trash bins at the exits of the sanctuary.
Connection Card: It is imperative that you utilize the SMCC app. Fill out the connection card through the app if you have any prayer requests, change in your information, and concerns. This is also a record of attendance.
Church Nominations: The elections that were scheduled for June will be postponed until after the SMCC family has returned to a normal attendance period. We are asking for those that were scheduled to rotate off of the SMCC Board to remain until the election which will likely be this fall. We will update this schedule when the COVID –19 threat has passed.
THIS WEEK, June 15—June 19
Wednesday we will meet at Jack Dalton Park at 7 pm.
Mission for the Homeless: This meeting is postponed until further notice. It is encouraged to work on the mats at home. We are still the hands and feet of the Lord. Any mats that can be made during this difficult time will be a blessing to someone in need!
CHURCH FAMILY UPDATES & NEWS
Sympathy Note: Heartfelt and deepest sympathy goes out to the family of Garnett Stafford. Garnett passed away on June 7, 2020.
Please give a warm welcome to Karen Felts! She was baptized and placed her fellowship with SMCC!
Wedding Shower: Connor Jones and Amber Wood’s wedding shower is June 13th from 10:00 am—12:00 pm at the church in the main fellowship hall. This is a floating shower. They are registered at Walmart and Amazon. Lowes gift cards and cash would be appreciated.
Wedding Announcement: Connor Jones and Amber Wood request the honor of your presence at their wedding on Saturday, July 11th at 4:00 p.m.here at the church. The reception will follow at the home of Christin Chaney, 303 Joppa Rd Ridgeway, VA 24112 at 6:00 p.m. If you are able to attend, please text Sandy Wood at 340-1133 by June 14th.